To maintain a clean and appealing guest room according to policy standards and Hotel brand standards.
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager/General Manager
LOCATION: DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville, Asheville Hilton Biltmore Park, Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore, Hampton Inn & Suites Biltmore Village
PAY STATUS: Hourly
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change bed linen daily.
- Vacuum carpeting, including edging.
- Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers, air conditioning units).
- Clean coffee maker, and stock new cups.
- Remove fingerprints and smudges (ex. Mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc.).
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area – wash tub/shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen area – clean microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, counter tops, inside of cabinets, sink
- Make sure that the standard room set-up is complied with. Replacement of all amenities.
- Report immediately all damage found in room.
- Report immediately all missing items in room.
- Report immediately personal guest items found in vacant rooms.
- Notify Executive Housekeeper of all rollaway or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Fill out a maintenance request for broken items in the room. Turn in to Executive Housekeeper for distribution.
- Take responsibility for pass key and make sure it is turned in daily.
- Turn in all “lost and found” items to Executive Housekeeper daily, bagged and tagged. Tag should have room number, date found and time found.
- Report immediately to the Executive Housekeeper
- No service needed
- Anything unusual
- Check all lights, TV, and heat/air conditioning. Check hair dryers and coffee makers.
- Shut off all lights, TV, heat/air conditioning, and all appliances when leaving room.
- Assist other room attendants with additional cleaning as assigned by Head Housekeeper.
- Deep clean as instructed by Head Housekeeper.
- Reclean room as instructed by Room Inspector as noted.
- Maintain cart set up and cleanliness
- Note all issues on the Room Assignment Sheet. (record kept by Head Housekeeper)
- Wear the appropriate uniform and nametag at all times on property.
- Complete tasks and assignments on the daily room attendant checklist.
- Practice safe working conditions under Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines to include Bloodborne Pathogens.
REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Should have knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques. Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
PHYSICAL: Must be capable of lifting up to 35 pounds. Must be capable of constant walking, lifting, bending and pushing. Must be capable of working with cleaning products regularly.