Picture Yourself Here as a part of our award-winning sales and marketing team!
Primary Function: Promote, direct, and manage the sales and catering department and activities for Biltmore Farms Hotel Group in order to have successful events and to grow our business, with emphasis in the Wedding and Social markets. Directly responsible for developing sales strategies in their applicable geographic market, that will include local sales promotions and some travel. Ability to work independently on multiple sales related projects and tasks.
• The Wedding & Social Sales & Catering Manager is responsible for developing sales opportunities and securing business for group rooms and catering business, in the Wedding market, social market, fundraising galas and holiday event market. This includes identifying potential business opportunities, pursuing qualified leads, and negotiating, booking and detailing events.
• Design and coordinate implementation of each function or events.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate and hotel procedures, products and competition, including their strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and achieve goals.
• Responsible for developing and adhering to a budget for sales initiatives.
• Responsible to schedule travel and arrange appointments to promote all hotel properties.
• Lead Generation – develop leads for business for all hotels through telemarketing, email interaction and outside sales presentations.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by BFHG or the respected brand from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• Ability to supervise staff, and work independently.
• Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadlines.
• Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food and beverage, menu development and pricing.
• Requires knowledge of the hotel’s policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
• Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
• Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self-motivation.
• Hotel product and industry knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, union rules, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances.
• Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations.
• Ability to gain proficiency in the use and operation of computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Word, Excel, Outlook, Delphi (or in house sales system), and the property management system.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
• Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items as copy machines, slide projectors, microphones, computers, portable radios, pagers, etc.
• Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and hotel policies.
• Ability to maintain assigned files completely and organized in accordance with BFHG and the respected brand guidelines to ensure proper sequencing of activity checklists is being followed.
• Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Four year college degree preferred, preferably with hospitality, communications, business or sales and marketing focus. Minimum of two years college experience or hospitality school course work is required.
Prefers a minimum of two years experience in hotel group room sales, and two years experience in hotel catering sales in a full service hotel environment.