To manage the cleanliness and the appearance of guest accommodations and public space and see that all personnel performing housekeeping operations carry out their assignments in accordance with established brand standards. Use applicable hotel Property Management Systems. Responsible for work orders to Maintenance Staff and any other duties as assigned or required.
Job Title: Room Inspector
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Pay Status: Hourly
Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Biltmore
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects assigned rooms after cleaning, follow-up with housekeepers on deficiencies.
- Performs closing procedures at the end of the day with applicable hotel system and runs daily reports.
- Effectively communicate with employees and guests.
- Maintain professional image while on duty with well grooming hygiene and prescribed uniform per handbook requirements.
- Checks quality of work performed and makes appropriate corrections and changes as necessary. Use Ipod or other devices for inspections.
- Notifies and coordinates with Maintenance any needed repairs.
- Inspects rooms for needed repairs, such as, wallpaper and painting needs, etc.
- Helps guest and associates in every way possible when called upon and does it willingly and pleasantly.
- Supervises the keeping of all storage areas and linen rooms in a clean and satisfactory condition, as well as, stocked with needed items.
- Reports and delivers valuable items to the Manager’s Office as early as possible after a guest has check- out.
- Assist in monthly or quarterly inventories for linen.
- Ensures proper levels of guest supplies and paper goods.
- Wear the appropriate uniform and nametag at all times on property.
Responsible for: All linens, blankets, and room supplies; equipment, vacuums, washing machines, dryers, etc.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Degree in Hospitality is preferred. Three to five years prior hotel experience preferred. Should have extensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques.
Must be capable of lifting up to 35 pounds. Must be capable of constant walking, lifting, bending, pushing and walking up and down stairs. Must be able to work with cleaning products on a regular basis.