Primary Job: The cook is responsible for preparing hot and cold foods and overseeing basic preparation. Be able to utilize and maintain Hilton standards in every function performed.
Reports to: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Pay Status: Hourly
Location: Asheville Hilton Biltmore Park
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism and teamwork as per standards of service.
- Maintain uniformed grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Produce accurate quantities of food, following the recipes and philosophies set by the Executive Chef.
- Follow production sheets to ensure efficient ordering of food and accurate production. Use products to their full potential, minimizing waste and using proper food rotation principles.
- Inventory to ensure appropriate quantities of food for upcoming business.
- Communicates effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Comply with all sanitation standards and health department regulations.
- Be at station in uniform ready to work at the time shift starts.
- Must wear proper uniform as provided and maintain uniformed grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must leave work area clean and sanitized at the end of each shift.
- Provide assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by immediate supervisor.
- Work flexible schedules which include weekends and holidays.
Education & Experience: The ideal candidates will possess a degree in a culinary program and have three or more years of full-service dining or banquet cooking experience. Must have knowledge of buffet preparations; line cooking, soups, sauces, etc. Should have a complete working knowledge of the safe and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
- Some lifting over 25 lbs. required.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and have tolerance to be exposed to hot grills, stoves and ovens.
- Be able to use cleaning solvents and detergents on a daily basis.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and have ability to stoop, bend, and turn frequently.