Team members of the Engineering department strive to maximize guest and team member engagement. Upholding brand standards and achieving operational excellence within the framework of operating guidelines. Engineers are responsible for maintaining the building and physical plant with attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will
• Respond and attend to guest and in house requests for repair, maintenance and preventative maintenance
• Completing work orders and tasks in an efficient manner
• Maintain daily logs of operation and maintenance
• Resolve general plumbing issues such as unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaky spigots, plumbing lines, pumps and faucets.
• Perform general HVAC trouble shooting and repairs
• Perform miscellaneous repairs such as maintenance on equipment, vinyl wall covering and/or dry wall repair throughout hotel area
• Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment (electrical, mechanical, vacuums, televisions), including cleaning and troubleshooting
• Communicate with leaders/team members when necessary to resolve maintenance issues
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
• To practice safe working conditions under OSHA guidelines
We are lucky to be able to welcome thousands of guests into our home each year. To ensure our home is clean, tidy, and welcomes each guest with wonder, this takes around the clock upkeep. The ideal candidate not only has experience and the ability to perform all duties, but must maintain high levels of agility, swiftness and strength. All viable candidates will complete a Background Check, Drug Test and E-verify.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. General knowledge of heating, air conditioning, electric and plumbing skills.
3. Knowledge and ability to use basic work tools and equipment.
4. Ability to patch holes, clean carpets, and paint walls.
5. Ability to work well under limited supervision.
6. Ability to guide maintenance personnel on work duties to ensure completion.
7. Ability to work well with others.
8. Strong work ethic.
Why Join Biltmore Farms Hotels?
•Comprehensive medical and dental
•Vacation, sick and holiday pay
•401K retirement plan with employer matching
•Phenomenal employee growth opportunity
•Thriving work environments
•Fun employee events and activities