Imagine a place where people support your goals, where opportunities to grow exist, where you’re welcomed like family. Picturing ourselves somewhere is the first step to getting there. Go ahead; picture yourself here at Biltmore Farms Hotels. WE SEE YOU HERE TOO.
Combining the best of the past with the brightest of the future is how Biltmore Farms Hotels delivers unmatched hospitality. With local hospitality roots dating back to the 1890s, and inspired by Vanderbilt traditions, Biltmore Farms Hotels is highly regarded for its award-winning guest service, positive work environment, and ideal locations. Properties include Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, Doubletree by Hilton Asheville – Biltmore and Residence Inn Biltmore. Established in 1987, the family-owned company employs around 150 people.
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
Location DoubleTree by Hilton
Reports to: General Manager/Assistant General Manager
Pay Status: Exempt
Scope of Responsibilities:
Responsible for supporting the General Manager in managing the overall success of the DoubleTree Biltmore, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. The HM should be knowledgeable and properly trained primarily in the housekeeping and maintenance area. It is helpful to also be knowledgeable and properly trained in the front office operations, sales, accounting and human resources.
Facility/Back House Management:
HM will work directly with Biltmore Farms Facility Manager and hotel personnel to ensure all guest’s rooms, grounds and facility equipment are managed effectively, properly maintained and repaired in a timely manner. The HM is responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance the department’s performance and maintain brand and BFHG’s standards.
- Ensure departments are properly staffed and trained
- Develop operating structure to effectively manage operational requirements
- Implement procurement system to effectively monitor inventory and cost efficiencies
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Accountable for managing monthly projects and operating cost.
- Responsible for presenting year-end department operating budget.
- Work directly with approved outside vendors to ensure scope of work completed properly, timely and within approved bid.
Safety and Security:
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards in hotel such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, ect.
- Ensure all maintenance personnel are operating with proper equipment and utilizing proper procedures outlined by OSHA.
HM will support General Manger to ensure their respected departments are operating within brand and Biltmore Farms Hotels standards. HM will conduct department audits utilizing approved documents and submit analysis and recommendations to the General Manager. Audits performed by HM will be announced and unannounced. HM will perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly audits including but not limited to the following disciplines:
- Guest Rooms
- Hotel Facilities
- Customer Service
- Training Programs
- DoubleTree and Biltmore Farms Hotel Standards
- Brand Requirements
- OSHA Standards
The HM plays a significant role in helping the organization achieve its’ stated financial objectives. The HM is responsible for supporting senior management in developing a comprehensive annual budget and strategic plan. The HM is expected to implement the approved business plan and provide leadership to ensure its’ success. As the HM, you will be directly involved in supporting the General Manager in managing the profit and loss statements and all financial disciplines associated with this financial resource. The HM assumes direct responsibility for managing the housekeeping area’s account receivables and performs a significant role in authorizing all account payables. The financial duties of an HM includes but not limited to the following disciplines:
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margins for Biltmore and Doubletree Biltmore
- Supports General Manager to prepare and manage annual budget for specific departments that accurately reflects the hotels’ business plan.
- Anticipates revenue/cost deficiency and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
- Analyzes financial and operating information on an ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements and operating cost.
- Ensures hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables, and these procedures are implemented.
- Translates business plans into action and manages those actions towards achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
- Supports General Manager in approving all invoices for the DoubleTree Hotel
- Analyzes bi-weekly payroll summary to ensure accuracy, accountability and verification of hours worked.
- HM will utilize internal resources to ensure all receivables are documented properly and processed in accordance with BFHG Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversees human resources functions including recruiting, selection, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a quality workforce.
- Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports
- Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed and executed
Four year degree preferred.
Five to ten years prior hotel experience preferred.
Must have extensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of constant walking, lifting, bending, pushing and walking up and down stairs.
- Be able to use cleaning solvents and detergents on a daily basis.
- Be able to immerse in hands in water and work in a hot and damp environment.