Responsible for supporting the Assistant General Manager in delivering outstanding guests and associates experience. The Front Office Manager will actively support the Assistant General Manager manage the overall success of the Hilton Biltmore Park Hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Should be knowledgeable and properly trained in all facets of the hotel operations: front office operations, sales, accounting, revenue management, customer service and human resource. Required to manage all of the Front Office area in accordance within brand and company standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provide exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Front Desk Operation:
• Greet and register guests
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures for the operations of the front desk department.
• Coordinate front-office activities of hotel(s) and resolve problems
• Ensure all group transactions are properly implemented and managed according to contractual terms.
• Manage and supervise Front Office area to ensure brand and company standards are achieved.
• Expected to identify opportunities for enhancing and improving the operating model set forth by senior management. They should submit their recommendations and findings in a comprehensive analysis. The analysis should include the following: an objective, cost associated (if any), ROI (Return on Investment), timeline for implementation, resources (tools) required to measure results and accountability.
• Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margins for Hilton Biltmore Park Hotel.
• Participates in daily and weekly revenue management sessions and performs a significant role in developing and implementing our revenue strategy.
• Anticipates revenue/cost deficiency and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
• Analyzes financial and operating information on an ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements and operating cost.
• Ensures hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables, and these procedures are implemented.
• Supports GM in approving all invoices pertaining to the Front Office area for Hilton Biltmore Park.
• Analyzes bi-weekly payroll summary to ensure accuracy, accountability and verification of hours worked.
• Follow the Assistant General Manager’s direction in managing the hotel’s account receivables and ensuring all accounts are current and accurate.
• Oversees human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a quality workforce for all front of the house operations.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives
• Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports
• Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed and executed.
Education: Four-year degree in Hotel/Hospitality Management preferred.
Experience: Three to five years previous hotel management (Front Desk Manager or higher). Previous experience managing a Hilton Family Brand Hotel is a plus.
Must be able to multi-task and have superior organizational ability. Must have outstanding skills on Microsoft Office and other applicable hotel software. Must be able to speak and write clearly and concisely and make presentations as needed. Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with guests and with employees at all levels of the organization. Must have a sense of urgency when following up on operational, guest and employee inquiries. Must maintain a professional appearance per company standards.