Primary Function: Promote, direct, and manage the sales and catering department and activities for Biltmore Farms Hotel Group in order to have successful events and to grow our business. Directly responsible for developing sales strategies in their applicable geographic market, that will include local sales promotions and some travel. Ability to work independently on multiple sales related projects and tasks.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience. A quarterly and end-of-year bonus potential are also included, based on positive progress in applicable bonus categories.
· The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for developing sales opportunities and securing business for group rooms and catering business, in the Corporate Market. This includes identifying potential business opportunities, pursuing qualified leads, and negotiating, booking and detailing events.
· Business Travel Sales – negotiating and setting up negotiated volume rates for Corporate volume accounts.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate and hotel procedures, products and competition, including their strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and achieve goals.
· Responsible for developing and adhering to a budget for sales initiatives.
· Responsible to schedule travel and arrange appointments to promote all hotel properties.
· Lead Generation – develop leads for business for all hotels through telemarketing, email interaction and outside sales presentations.
· Revenue Meeting and Strategic Tool involvement.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by BFHG or the respected brand from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Assimilate into BFHG culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of BFHG. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadlines.
• Requires knowledge of the hotel’s policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
• Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Must possess superior communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
• Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self-motivation.
• Hotel product and industry knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, union rules, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances.
• Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations.
• Ability to gain proficiency in the use and operation of computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Word, Excel, Outlook, Delphi (or in house sales system), and the property management system.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
• Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items as copy machines, slide projectors, microphones, computers, portable radios, pagers, etc.
• Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and hotel policies.
• Ability to maintain assigned accounts completely and organized in accordance with BFHG and the respected brand guidelines to ensure proper sequencing of activity checklists is being followed.
• Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
Four year college degree preferred, preferably with hospitality, communications or sales and marketing focus. Minimum of two years college experience or hospitality school course work is required.
Requires a minimum of two years experience in the Corporate Sales market with a hotel, or four years experience in an interactive Corporate Sales field with a reputable company.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
None required. Hospitality certifications are encouraged such as the CMP (Certified Meeting Planner).
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. This includes professional office attire. (specific standards available)
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Employees must be able to participate in a flexible scheduling based on the flow of business. A hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times, with congenial client service.